Egg foo young is a Chinese omelet recipe that is filled with veggies inside and has a crispy texture outside. There are so many veggies that are added into this omelet that makes its taste greater than ever. The dish is pretty simple and can be made at home too.
I provided you with the simple yet tasty recipe for this egg foo young. Make sure to try it and let me know how it tastes.
Egg Foo Young Preparation
- Eggs- 8
- Garlic- 1 teaspoon, minced
- Shrimps- 10-12, cleaned, chopped
- Spring onion greens- ¼ cup chopped
- Bean sprouts- ¼ cup, chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Red chili flakes- 1 teaspoon
- Chinese five spice- ¼ teaspoon
- Oil- To fry
- Chicken Broth- 1 cup
- Rice Vinegar- 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce- 2 teaspoon
- Corn flour- 1 ½ teaspoon
- Sesame oil- 1 teaspoon
- In a big bowl, whisk eggs.
- Now add garlic, bean sprouts, shrimp, mushrooms, salt, spring onions, red chili flakes, five spice powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now heat a frying pan and add two teaspoon of oil to it.
- Let the oil heat for a couple of minutes and now add ¼th mixture of egg in the pan. Cook it on both sides and remove it once it turns to golden brown color. The omelet should be crispy outside.
- Remove the omelet and transfer it to a serving plate. Do the same thing for remaining eggs.
- Mix one and half teaspoon of corn flour with two teaspoons of water and make it a slurry paste.
- Add chicken broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil to the corn flour mixture. Cook all the items for four to five minutes, the sauce should thicken.
- Now pour this sauce on the omelet and serve them hot.
Why Egg Foo Young?
If you are someone who is on constant lookout for the healthy dishes, then this is your perfect pick. This breakfast is something that is different from the routine omelet and tastes a lot great than the usual. You can prepare various variants of this Egg foo young and it will still give you the best taste. There are so many people out there who are bored with regular omelets and this egg foo young is something that they will cherish. The eggs, the vegetables or ham, everything that goes into this dish is perfect.
Variations Of Egg Foo Young
If you want to give a different twist to this recipe, you can add anything that you want as stuffing. Yes, anything. From pork to green leafy vegetables, it is up to you to add any kind of ingredients into this egg foo young recipe. Either way you will fall in love with the taste of this food item. Here are some of the variations that you can try
- Shrimp- Add chopped and cleaned shrimp to the egg mixture and follow the instructions. If you have small shrimps handy, then you can just add them completely into the whisked eggs mix.
- Minced chicken, pork or beef- Choosing the right kind of meat is completely your choice.
- Vegetables- if you don’t like meat, then you can add minced vegetables to your omelet.