Chinese recipes are fascinating, just like their names. Kung Pao Chicken is one of those delicacies that have some historical significance attached to it. It is a perfect blend of spices & the tradition that it sets with it. Everyone likes spicy foods & this dish is one of those very few. It is not only impressive by its name, but its origin & the way it has become so familiar in Chinese world also has an element of curiosity that comes with it. Let us know more about the food that is rare yet so much to talk & read about.
Famous Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao chicken also is known as Kung Po, is a spicy, stir & fried Chinese recipes made with chicken, vegetables, peanuts, & chili peppers. This is a mouth-watering dish in Sichuan cuisine originated from Sichuan Province of south-western China & inclusive Sichuan peppercorns.
Recipe of Kung Pao Chicken
Here, we are going to tell you How to Cook Kung Pao Chicken At Home. Read it carefully & try this recipe at home. I’m sure you will love it. This recipe is structured below. Kindly go through it.
Ingredients of Kung Po Chicken
- One pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – chopped into chunks
- Two tsp white wine
- Two tablespoons soy sauce
- Two tbsp sesame oil, divided
- Two tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- Two Tbsp water
- One ounce hot chile paste
- One teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Two tsp brown sugar
- Four green onions, chopped
- One Tbsp chopped garlic
- One(eight ounces) can water chestnuts
- Four ounces of peanuts chopped
For Preparing Marinade:
- Take one tablespoon wine, one tbsp soy sauce, one tsp oil & one tablespoon cornstarch/water in the bowl & mix.
- Place boneless chicken pieces in a glass dish and pour marinade. Toss to coat it thoroughly. Cover recipe & Keep it in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
For Preparing Sauce:
- Take a small bowl to add one tablespoon soy sauce, one tbsp wine, one tsp oil, chili paste, one tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, vinegar & sugar into it. Blend & pour garlic, green onion, water chestnuts & peanuts.
- In a medium flame, heat sauce slightly until aromatic.
- The take the chicken out from marinade & saute in a large skillet till the meat is white & juices run clear. When the sauce is fragrant, pour sauteed chicken into it & let simmer together until sauce become thickens.
- Ready to serve with love.
This is the western version Kung Pao chicken, Kung Po. It consists of marinated chicken, stir-fried with ginger, garlic, sugar, cooking oil, corn starch, & salt and pepper to taste. The dish often includes or is garnished with Chestnuts & roasted peanuts. This dish is in taste. I advice all the chicken lovers must try it once in their life. I am sure after that you will love it & added in your food menu. Just read out the recipe from above description & try at home and share your feedback below in the comment box. Bookmark our website for more elegant recipes update. Have a beautiful day all of you.