Do you love Indian cuisine? Are you always on the lookout for an Indian party to relish some amazing Indian foods? Indian food is aromatic, spicy, full of flavors, and also finger-licking good. Well, now you can concoct your own Indian dishes as we have brought some of the best recipes for Indian cuisine.
Best Recipes For Indian Cuisine
For all the mutton lovers, this one is a classic dish from Kashmir. It is robust with spices, aromatic and extremely delicious. Here is how you can prepare this:
- 1 Kg meat
- 1 cup mustard/refined oil
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp fennel powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tsp brown cardamom powder
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 4 Green cardamom
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- Two Bay leaves
- 2 Cloves
- 1/3 tsp saffron (optional)
- 1 cup curd
- A pinch of salt
- Wash the meat and keep it aside to drain off the water.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, asafoetida, salt and the meat together and mix.
- Fry until your meat turns brown. Next, pour in a cup of water.
- Now add some red chilli powder and saffron.
- Mix the curd properly with a spoon or in the blender and then add it to the meat.
- Keep stirring, until you get a reddish hue of the gravy.
- Now add 2 cups of water, ginger powder, fennel powder and pressure cook this for 2 minutes.
- Open the cooker lip and check if the meat has become tender.
- Garnish with brown cardamom and cumin powder and serve.
The most favorite dish of the Indians and Americans too, this is a staple of the Punjabis in India. Chunks of chicken are marinated in curd, spices and then served with cream and butter. This dish is heavenly and tastes best with Indian naan.
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 800g boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into small peices
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large onion, sliced or chopped
- One 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced or finely grated
- One 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 14 oz (400 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- One 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup of heavy or thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi
- Mix chicken pieces with all the spices for the chicken marinade and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a large wok and add these pieces to fry them until golden brown. Keep aside.
- Now take ghee in the same pan and fry onions until they become translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and again saute for a minute.
- Next, add coriander powder, cumin and garam masala to this. Mix well.
- Next, add tomatoes, chilli powder and salt.
- Let all this simmer until your sauce becomes deep brown red in color.
- Remove from the wok and pour everything in a blender when cooled to grind into a smooth paste.
- Now again, put this pureed sauce into the wok and add cream, sugar and crushed kasoori methi. Add the chicken and let simmer for a minute or 2.
- Your dish is ready. Garnish with cilantro and serve with Naan.
These two are the best Indian recipes you should try at home.