There are a few Indian recipes that are incredibly popular all over the world. Today, I am going to discuss two famous Indian dishes. One is butter chicken, and another is tandoori chicken. While the first one is an excellent main course, the latter is an alluring starter.
Butter Chicken Indian Recipes
Preparation time – 60 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
- Boneless chicken – 2 ¼ pounds
- Yogurt – 1 cup, fresh and unsweetened
- Lemon juice – 1
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 3 Tsp
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Chicken stock – 2 cups
- Onion – 2, finely chopped
- Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato paste – 14 ounce
- Dried fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Peppercorns – 10
- Cloves – 6
- Cinnamon – 1inch stick
- Bay leaves – 2
- Almonds – 10
- Cardamom – 4
Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Take a glass bowl and marinate the chicken with lime juice, red chili powder, and salt. Cover it and keep it aside for about 1 hour.
- Put a pan on medium flame and dry roast the peppercorns, bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, almonds, and cloves. Stir till they get a nice brown color and leave an aroma. Switch off the flame; let it cool for a few minutes and grind them. The powder will be a little coarse.
- Now add this spice powder into the marinated chicken along with yogurt, cumin, turmeric, and coriander powder. Mix very well and leave it for another 1 hour.
- Take a deep bottomed pan and put it on medium flame. Add oil and once the oil is hot, tip the chopped onion. Fry them till they become golden. Now mix the paste of garlic along with ginger. Stir for a minute.
- Add the chicken into it and cook them till they become white. Keep the extra marinade to add later.
- Next, pour the chicken stock, the remaining marinade, tomato paste, and fenugreek leaves. Give them a stir and let it cook until the chicken becomes soft.
- As the gravy becomes thicker, add the butter, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Your delicious butter chicken is ready. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve.
Tandoori Chicken Indian Recipes
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
- Greek yogurt – 1 cup
- Chicken legs – 2 pound
- Lemon juice – 1
- Minced garlic – 1 clove
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Cayenne pepper – 1 pinch
- Take a big bowl and add cayenne pepper, salt, lime juice, ginger, turmeric, garlic, garam masala, and yogurt and mix them with a spoon very well.
- Now add the chicken legs in this marinade and coat them properly with it. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- In the meantime, heat the oven at 400-degree centigrade. Put the wire rack on the top shelf and place the marinated legs on it. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken piece and name for another 20 minutes.
- Once done, heat the broiler for broiling the chicken for about 2 minutes so that the upper layers of the legs become crisp.
If you are planning to make Indian dinner, you must include these two Indian recipes.