Now, you can easily enjoy the marvelous flavors of authentic Indian cooking by being in the comfort of your home. From biryani, classic curry recipes to flatbreads, etc., there is much more to enjoy for dinner time. This blog post will help you to know about the paneer butter masala and absolutely delicious Indian dinner recipes that you must try once. The one-time trial of the Indian dinner recipes will ask you to cook the same vegetable again at frequent intervals. These Indian dinner recipes are family favorites and are guaranteed to please everyone.
Flavorful Indian Dinner Recipes To Make Your Family Dinner Time A Memorable Memory
Paneer Butter Masala – On The List Of Best Indian Dinner Recipes
Paneer butter masala or butter paneer is a creamy, rich curry made with spices, onions, paneer, tomatoes, cashews, and butter. As the name says, the curry is cooked in butter that gives the dish a class buttery flavor. Being one of the most renowned dishes in Indian cuisine, you must make this dish at home once to also forget the restaurant’s taste because, after all, something that is cooked at home tastes even more delicious because of the fresh items used.
Prepare The Gravy
- If you are using the market-bought paneer, then add around 2 cups of hot water to a bowl. Add some paneer cubes and allow them to rest for the next 15-20 minutes. Drain the water later and keep the paneer aside. One who uses homemade paneer can skip this step.
- Take a hot pan and pour one tablespoon of oil into it. Add two green cardamoms and 1 cup of cubed onions to it. Saute them properly on a medium flame until they turn pink or transparent in color. It will take around 4 minutes.
- Add around 1 ½ cups finely chopped tomatoes followed by adding ¾ tablespoon of salt.
- Again saute it properly for 3-4 minutes and cover the pan. Keep it aside until it seems to be mashy.
- Once the tomatoes and onions are cooked and are soft now, then add:
- ¾ to one teaspoon of red chili powder
- One teaspoon of coriander powder
- 12 to 14 cashews
- ¾ teaspoon garam masala
- ¾ teaspoon sugar to balance the flavors
- Saute this prepared onion tomato masala on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Once it starts smelling good and aromatic, turn the stove off.
- Cool the prepared batter completely and blend it properly by adding one cup of water.
- Blend it to a silky smooth puree.
- Heat the pan again on a low flame using 1 ½ tablespoon butter. Once the butter melts, add the mentioned spices:
- One bay leaf
- Two green cardamoms
- Three cloves
- ½ inch cinnamon
- Once the spices start sizzling up, add ½ teaspoon of ginger garlic paste. Saute the same again for one minute until it smells good. The raw smell of the same should go away. Make sure that you cook it on low flame to not burn the paste.
- Pour the prepared onion tomato puree followed by adding ¼ teaspoon red chili powder to add some deep color. Make sure the stove flame is low, else the curry starts splattering.
- Immediately, add ½ cup water and mix it well to bring the right gravy consistency.
- Cover and cook the gravy on a medium flame until it becomes aromatic, flavorful, and thick.
- Once the paneer butter masala gravy is ready, you will be able to see some traces of fat over the gravy. Taste the gravy and see if more salt is needed.
- Add 200 to 250 grams of paneer, followed by adding Kasuri methi in it.
Your paneer butter masala is ready to serve.
Try the given paneer butter masala recipe, a dish on the list of top Indian dinner recipes that will make your dinner absolutely amazing.