You love Thai curry but can’t make it? Every time you want to have it, you have to go to restaurants? Not anymore. Here you will get 2 scrumptious Thai curry recipes.
Thai Red Curry
It is a classic Thai dish full of flavors, and you can prepare it anytime you want as you need only half an hour to prepare and cook it.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- Chicken thighs – 8, boneless and cut into large pieces
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 Tsp
- Garlic ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce – 2 tbsp
- Red curry paste – 6 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 800 ml
- Thai basil leaves – 1 packet, small
- Kaffir lime leaves – handful, fresh
- Sliced ginger – a few
- Diagonally cut red chili – 1
- Coriander leaves – chopped, a handful
Jasmine rice, cooked
- Take the oil in a pan and heat it over medium flame. Add the ginger and garlic paste to the hot oil and stir. After 2-3 minutes, mix the red curry paste and cook for a few minutes. Now pour the coconut milk.
- As soon as it starts to boil, lower the flame and simmer it for a few minutes. Once the oil comes appears at the surface, add the lime leaves along with the chicken pieces. Let it cook till the chicken pieces become soft.
- Now add the brown sugar and fish sauce and stir the chicken. Increase the flame to medium-high. As it starts to boil, lower it again and add the Thai basil leaves.
- Thai red curry is ready. Pour it into bowls. Garnish the bowls with sliced red chili, sliced ginger, and fresh coriander leaves. You have to serve it with jasmine rice for the best taste.
Thai Green Curry
It is a bright green aromatic chicken curry that will blow your mind with its deliciousness.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Chicken thighs – 8, cut into chunks
- Fish sauce – 1 tbsp
- Palm sugar – 1 tbsp
- Lemongrass stalks – 3, finely chopped
- Sliced galangal – 25 gm
- Lime leaves – 6, fresh and chopped
- Green curry paste – 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 2 cans (400 gm each)
- Aubergine – 1/2, diced
- Thai basil – a handful
- Take a wok and add the coconut milk in it. Put it on flame and stir it continuously till it starts to boil. Now add the green curry paste and mix well with the coconut milk. Cook it till you get a good smell.
- Mix the chicken pieces, galangal, lime leaves, half of the fish sauce, palm sugar and lemon grass with the coconut milk. Cook it till the chicken becomes soft, and the oil appears on the surface.
- Now pour the remaining fish sauce along with the diced aubergine. Cook it for 5 minutes more. When done, spread the finely chopped Thai basil and switch off the flame.
- Thai green chicken curry tastes best if you want it with jasmine rice. And remember that as soon as it is cooked, serve it. This way, you will get a vibrant green colored dish that is full of aroma.