Thai Stir-Fry With Prawn And Spring Onion
Whenever you have less time in hand, and you are trying to make something easy, tasty and wholesome, make this stir-fry. The combination of prawn, bean sprouts, onion, and ginger gives out a yummy fragrance.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Peeled tiger prawns – 200 gm
- Spring onion – 8, finely chopped
- Thai green chili – 1, finely chopped
- Red pepper – 1, sliced
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Caster sugar – 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce – 3 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Bean sprouts – 100 gm
- Sliced water chestnut – 85 gm
- Groundnut oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1
- Shredded ginger – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – a bunch, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Rice noodles or egg noodles
- Grind green chili, caster sugar, garlic, and coriander together to make a paste. Now marinate the prawns with half of the lime juice, this green paste and fish sauce.
- Take a deep bottomed pan and heat the oil. In the hot oil add the ginger and spring onions. Sauté for a few minutes and mix the red bell pepper. Cook till the bell pepper is soft.
- Now add the bean sprouts along with water chestnut and soy sauce. Sprinkle some black pepper powder and toss for a few minutes and pour them on a serving plate.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the marinated prawns till they become pinkish. Add these to the veggies and pour the remaining lime juice. Sprinkle some coriander leaves garnish with lemon wedges. It goes well with rice noodles or egg noodles.
Spicy Thai Soup With Veggies
The presence of brown rice, different kinds of veggies along with various sauces, wine, and coconut milk makes it an alluring soup.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
- Brown rice, uncooked – 1 cup
- Vegetable stock – 6 cups
- Chopped carrots – 1 cup
- Red bell pepper – 1, diced
- Chopped broccoli – 4 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Coconut milk – 1 can
- White wine – 1 cup
- Yogurt – ¾ cup, plain variety
- Thai chili pepper – 3
- Chopped onion – 1
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Thai pepper garlic sauce – 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce – 3 tbsp
- Lemongrass – 2 tbsp, freshly chopped
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Chopped garlic and ginger – 1 tbsp each
- Saffron – 1 Tsp
- Chopped cilantro – for garnishing
- Take a large pot and add the water and rice in it. Cook for about 45 minutes till the rice becomes soft.
- In the meantime, in a deep bottomed pan, heat the oil and fry the ginger, onion, garlic, and carrots. Once the carrots become soft, add the red bell pepper, broccoli, soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper garlic sauce, coconut milk, vegetable stock, wine. Let it cook on low flame for about 15 minutes.
- After that, mix the Thai chili pepper, saffron, and lemongrass and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Now pour this into the blender. Mix it till you get a thick and creamy soup.
- Pour this creamy soup into the serving bowl. Add the cooked rice in it and garnish with chopped cilantro.