If you are looking for a recipe for an appetizer for a party, opt for the Tulsi Ajwain ka Mahi tikka. Made with fresh and simple ingredients, this fish tikka tastes excellent. Serve them as the mouthwatering starter at a dinner party and impress your guests.
Lots of spices and yogurt make the tikka incredibly aromatic. Serve the fish tikkas on a plate topped with lemon juice. The green chutney made of mint and coriander leaves serves as the perfect condiment. Decorate the plate with lime wedges to make the tikka all the more alluring.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour 55 minutes
Serving – 2
- River sole fish – 600 gm
- Basil paste – 100 gm
- Ajwain – 15 gm
- Ginger paste – 50 gm
- Garlic paste – 50 gm
- Garam masala powder – 40 gm
- Cardamom powder – 10 gm
- Hung curd – 200 gm
- Dairy cream – 50 gm
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard oil – 50 ml
- Kasuri Methi – 10 gm
- Lemon juice – 10 ml
How To Make Tulsi Ajwain Ka Mahi Tikka
- After bringing the fish from the market, wash it with clean water thoroughly. Then cut it into cube size pieces.
- Take ginger and garlic paste in a bowl along with lemon juice and salt. Now add the pieces of fish into this bowl and mix them thoroughly so that each piece gets coated with the spices well.
- Now add the hung curd, garam masala powder, cardamom powder, green chili paste, Kasuri Methi, and Ajwain to the bowl and mix with the fish again. Add the dairy cream and give the fish a mix for the last time. Keep the marinated fishbowl aside for at least one hour.
- Prepare the clay oven and place the skewers across it. Make sure the skewers have placed a minimum of 5 inches from the heat.
- Do not forget to turn the skewers frequently to avoid burning one side. When the color of the fish turns light brown, take the skewers out of the oven. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Brush some oil on the fish and keep them side for about 10 minutes. Do not touch them.
- Place the skewers again in the oven and cook for 10 minutes more so that the color turns golden brown on all sides.
- When done, take them out of the oven and keep on a plate. Add some fresh lemon juice on the top and spread some black salt.
This fish tikka tastes excellent with green chutney.
How To Make The Green Chutney
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 2 minutes
To make the delicious green chutney, you need 1 cup of mint leaves, 2cups coriander leaves, 1 tsp cumin seeds and four green chilies, minced garlic, and ginger about 1 tsp, and 1 tsp lemon juice. In the mixer, add the coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies, cumin seeds, salt, lemon juice, and minced garlic and ginger. Blend them till you get a smooth paste. You might need to add a few tsp of water to make the paste smooth. When done, you can keep in the fridge in a container with a lid and use it whenever you need it.