If you are bored of eating Chinese, Japanese, American cuisines and want to try something new, then opt for Vietnamese food. The specialty of Vietnamese cuisine is its uniqueness in its taste and flavors. Even though the Chinese and many other cuisines inspire the foods and cooking style of Vietnam, but their bold flavors and use of different sauces have made Vietnamese dishes immensely favorite among the food lovers.
Here I am giving you recipes of 2 easy recipes of Vietnamese food that you can make yourself.
Chicken Vietnamese Salad
You can use this salad as a side dish or can have it alone. A bowl of chicken salad will give your lots of flavors and make your tummy full. One good thing about this salad is you can make it at night and keep in the refrigerator and have it next morning. Believe me, the freshness and taste will remain intact.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Chicken breast, cooked and boneless – 2, shredded
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Carrot slices – 1
- Onion – 1/3, finely chopped
- Cabbage slices – ½
- Roasted peanuts- 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Minced garlic – 3 cloves
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped – 1/3 cup
- Asian sesame oil and white sugar – 1 tbsp each
- Rice vinegar and green chili, finely chopped – 1 tbsp each
- Lime juice – 2 tbsp, freshly squeezed
- Asian fish sauce – 3 tbsp
- Take a large bowl. Mix vegetable and sesame oil, fish sauce, green chili, black pepper, garlic, lime juice, rice vinegar and sugar with a big spoon. The salad dressing is ready.
- In another bowl, take the shredded chicken, carrot and cabbage slices, chopped cilantro, onion, and peanuts. Pour the dressing over these and give them a good mix so that all the veggies and chicken get covered by it nicely.
- You can have it as soon as it is made or you can store in the refrigerator for your breakfast. I must say a bowl full of so many veggies, chicken, and nuts at breakfast will provide you with the energy required to go through the day.
Caramelized Pork In Vietnamese Style
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
- 1-inch pieces of Pork spareribs- 2 pounds
- Shallots – 2, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2, minced
- Green onion- 1 tbsp, cut into rings
- Green onion – 2, sliced
- Asian sesame oil- 1 Tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 Tsp
- White sugar – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Green chili pepper -1
Place a pan over medium flame and add vegetable oil. As it becomes hot, mix the sugar and stir it till it becomes brownish.
Add the pork spareribs, sliced onion, shallot, salt, garlic, black pepper powder, and chili pepper. Cook these till the pork turns golden. Now pour the sesame oil and lower the flame. Let it cook till all the juices get absorbed.
When you see that the juice is almost reduced, increase the flame and stir the pork so that it gets coated with all the seasonings. Sprinkle the onion rings and switch off the flame.